Question on installation in redhat system

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Luning SUn

Question on installation in redhat system

Post by Luning SUn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Hello everyone. I am trying to install the simvascular on redhat system but the .deb file doesn't work in redhat. I tried to convert the .deb to .rpm by alien but the generated file require a lot of dependency library files, which I can't find them from internet. I wonder possible way to solve this issue. Is it feasible to compile the source code directly on redhat system or is ubuntu system is a must to install the package.

Hope to get help from you

Luning

Justin Tran

Re: Question on installation in redhat system

Post by Justin Tran » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Luning,

Thank you for your question and interest in SimVascular! We hope that it will serve your needs. Are you looking to install the entire front-end GUI on your redhat system? Or just the flowsolver?

In either case, since the .deb file is not working then we recommend that you compile the code from scratch.

For the entire SimVascular front-end GUI AND flowsolver, refer to this page: http://simvascular.github.io/docsCompile.html

For just compiling the flowsolver, refer to the forum post here: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=188&t=9411&p=0&sta ... 4172df5c2b

Hope you are able to get it compiled! Give those a try and let us know if you have further issues!

Luning SUn

Post by Luning SUn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello, Justin. Thank you for your advice.
I tried to build from scratch from the SimVascular source code and have configured and generated successfully. However I was stuck when running 'make' because it returns error message "no pre-built binaries found". Therefore I tried to turn off 'Using the prebuilt...' in configuring step and reconfigure and regenerated files but the same error message still exists. Furthermore, I tried to compile the tcl and tk library and add their path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but still the problem remains. I am not sure if I need to compile the overall 10+ dependency libraries in my environment. I had little experience on Cpp compiling therefore willing to get some help from experienced workers. I have been stuck by this problem for 2 days.

Best,
Luning

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Luning,

I tried building SimVascular on a VirtualBox with Red Hat OS and encountered the same error message "no pre-built binaries found".

It appears that the automatic downloads of prebuilt libraries are setup for Ubuntu and Centos but not Red Hat. Let me spend a bit more time on this to see if I can figure out a solution that does not require you to build all of the external libraries SimVascular uses.

Cheers,
Dave

Luning SUn

Post by Luning SUn » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:51 am

Hello, David. Thank you for your reply. I am really appreciated it if you can find a way to solve it. Otherwise, I have to switch to Ubuntu to make life easier...

Best,
Luning

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am

Hi Luning,

Can you please confirm which version of RedHat you are running? You should (with work) be able to build on RedHat 7, but SimVascular is not supported on Redhat 6 (since Qt 5.6.3 isn't supported on that platform).

Nathan
SimVascular Support Team

Luning SUn

Post by Luning SUn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Hello, Nathan.

Actually I am using RedHat 7 but I still can't install the SimVascular. The error is listed as "No prebuilt binary found". Do you have a installation instruction for RedHat 7 system?

Best,
Luning

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello Luning,

David from our team is attempting to build SimVascular from source on RedHat. He will update you on his progress, but this could take weeks to sort out if there are problems with the build. Hopefully it will be shorter than that.

Nathan
SimVascular Development Team

Luning SUn

Post by Luning SUn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Got it, Nathan. Thank you for your team's support and wish good news.

Best,
Luning

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 am

Hi Luning,

I have not yet been able to build SimVascular on RedHat. There are some problems with CMake that show up only on RedHat when building externals. I have fixed one problem, looking at another one now.

Cheers,
Dave