why opensim laiulchlrich model is not giving same ik result as its opencap kinematics

New project for OpenCap, which is a new software package to estimate 3D human movement dynamics from smartphone videos. OpenCap strongly relies on OpenSim.
Neha Sahu

why opensim laiulchlrich model is not giving same ik result as its opencap kinematics

Post by Neha Sahu » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:28 am

Hello sir, i have use the laiUlchlrich model in opensim and used the scaling file Setup_scaling_RajagopalModified2016_withArms_KA.xml
and used this maker file
RajagopalModified2016_markers_augmenter.xml
uses a scaling tool with neutral.trc file
then with this scale model, have done inverse kinematics for some marker data trc for squat
but I am finding that its not match with the mot file produced by opencap kinematics.
could you tell me why this is happening?

Antoine Falisse

Re: why opensim laiulchlrich model is not giving same ik result as its opencap kinematics

Post by Antoine Falisse » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:37 am

It should be close, but you could have differences if for instance you used different time windows of the neutral trial when scaling your model.

Neha Sahu

Re: why opensim laiulchlrich model is not giving same ik result as its opencap kinematics

Post by Neha Sahu » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:08 pm

Hello, thank you for reply. Its matching for knee but for pelvic tilt, hip flexion and lumbar flexion its difference is 10' degree . what time range window one should use to get the same value.

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:35 am

sorry, but we do not have enough information to help you solve this problem.
You can compare the setups we use in OpenCap with yours https://github.com/stanfordnmbl/opencap ... rms_KA.xml