Skeleton Downloading

New project for OpenCap, which is a new software package to estimate 3D human movement dynamics from smartphone videos. OpenCap strongly relies on OpenSim.
Dylan Mayanja

Skeleton Downloading

Post by Dylan Mayanja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:12 am

Hello OpenCap team,

I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if the skeleton, that is visibly seen moving after the recording is finished, is available for download as well? When I download the recording, I have a video file of the person performing the exercise movement but not their skeleton performing the movement. Thanks for the help in advance!

Best,
Dylan Mayanja

Antoine Falisse

Re: Skeleton Downloading

Post by Antoine Falisse » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:07 pm

Hello,

You do not get a video with the skeleton when downloading. You can generate a video using the OpenSim GUI by loading the model and the motion file.

Best,
Antoine

Dylan Mayanja

Post by Dylan Mayanja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:07 am

Thank you for the response back. I want clarify, the video generated by using the OpenSim GUI, is the video of the participant performing the exercise/movement and not the skeleton moving?

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:33 am

After you download the data from OpenCap, you can load the OpenSim model and the motion files in the OpenSim GUI to get animations of the skeleton. You can record videos from within the OpenSim GUI.