kinetic file generator error

New project for OpenCap, which is a new software package to estimate 3D human movement dynamics from smartphone videos. OpenCap strongly relies on OpenSim.
Akshara Shanmuganand

kinetic file generator error

Post by Akshara Shanmuganand » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:40 am

Hey,
I'm a student from India. When I try to generate kinetic files, I get this error. I changed the command lines as per your previous suggestions in forum and github related to cMake generator error, but in vain. So I kindly request you to guide me here. It will be very useful for my final year project to have the muscle activation predictions. Thanking you in advance.
ERROR:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(opencap-processing) (.venv) D:\PHASE1\opencap-processing-main>python example_kinetics.py
Generate external function to leverage automatic differentiation.
CMake Error: Error: generator : Visual Studio 17 2022
Does not match the generator used previously: NMake Makefiles
Either remove the CMakeCache.txt file and CMakeFiles directory or choose a different binary directory.
CMake Error:
Generator

NMake Makefiles

does not support platform specification, but platform

x64

was specified.

The system cannot find the path specified.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\PHASE1\opencap-processing-main\example_kinetics.py", line 181, in <module>
settings = processInputsOpenSimAD(baseDir, dataFolder, session_id, trial_name,
File "D:\PHASE1\opencap-processing-main\utilsOpenSimAD.py", line 2251, in processInputsOpenSimAD
generateExternalFunction(baseDir, dataFolder, session_id,
File "D:\PHASE1\opencap-processing-main\utilsOpenSimAD.py", line 1537, in generateExternalFunction
buildExternalFunction(
File "D:\PHASE1\opencap-processing-main\utilsOpenSimAD.py", line 1778, in buildExternalFunction
shutil.copy2(path_external_filename_foo, CPP_DIR)
File "D:\Anaconda2\envs\opencap-processing\lib\shutil.py", line 434, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
File "D:\Anaconda2\envs\opencap-processing\lib\shutil.py", line 254, in copyfile
with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\PHASE1\\opencap-processing-main\\UtilsDynamicSimulations\\OpenSimAD\\opensimAD-install\\windows\\bin\\foo.py'

Antoine Falisse

Re: kinetic file generator error

Post by Antoine Falisse » Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:44 pm

Hey, you should delete the files that have been auto-generated by CMake in your previous attempt. More specifcally, make sure the folder OpenSimAD looks like the original one https://github.com/stanfordnmbl/opencap ... /OpenSimAD, same for what is in the folders buildExpressionGraph and buildExternalFunction. Best, Antoine

Akshara Shanmuganand

Post by Akshara Shanmuganand » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:55 am

Hey,

I tried your suggestion, but I get the below error. Can you please guide me how to generate the kinetic files as early as possible for my final year project? It will be very helpful if you can connect with me through any meet like gmeet/teams. Not sure what mistake I commit as I'm new to this and in lack of clarity on how to execute this file generation part. Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Akshara
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002322.png
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002322.png (48.93 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002303.png
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002303.png (91.74 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002246.png
Screenshot 2024-06-07 002246.png (118.99 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:48 am