Participant not always in view

New project for OpenCap, which is a new software package to estimate 3D human movement dynamics from smartphone videos. OpenCap strongly relies on OpenSim.
James McKendrick

Participant not always in view

Post by James McKendrick » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Hello,

I am planning on using this software with a participant when they are landing after climbing. Due to this they may not always be in view of the cameras at all times. Will this lead to issues, in which case I can try to have the cameras set up in a way where they are in frame the entire time? Furthermore because I am having my participants landing after climbing, they will be facing the bouldering wall so I was wondering what you think the ideal set up for the cameras would be? (There is a large area covered by crashpads that I would not want to have cameras set up around the climber.)

Antoine Falisse

Re: Participant not always in view

Post by Antoine Falisse » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:51 am

Hi, the participants do not have to be in the field of view at all time but they should not enter, exit, and then re-enter. They could start not in the field of view and then enter (eg, when they fall). For instance, you could start the recording when they are "above" the field of view. You might need to play around with your camera positioning until you find a good setup, you can record videos in landscape mode which might help.