C++ Compiler

A central repository for reading materials, assignments, and student-written computer code related to ME/BIOE 485 (Modeling and Simulation of Human Movement).
Eric Lew

C++ Compiler

Post by Eric Lew » Sat May 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Hello,

It's been a while since I programmed in C...

I'm trying to work through the simtk core tutorials but I can't figure out how to make sure the “include” folder is part of your compiler’s include path, and the “lib” folder is available to the program at runtime.

I've been using Dev-C++. Do any of you know how to set this up in that?

Alternatively, do any of you have a recommendation for another C++ compiler to use?

Thanks!
Eric

Ayman Habib

RE: C++ Compiler

Post by Ayman Habib » Sat May 10, 2008 7:58 pm

The free version of DevStudio (Express edition) is your best bet if you're on windows. What's your platform?

-Ayman

Chand John

Post by Chand John » Sun May 11, 2008 9:52 am

To view the additional include paths in Visual Studio, right-click on the project, choose Properties in the drop-down menu, and then a dialog box will pop up. In that box, choose the C++ field on the left-hand side of the dialog box, and then there should be a field called "Additional Include Directories" that appears on the right-hand side.

Eric Lew

Post by Eric Lew » Mon May 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi Ayman and Chand,

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded the express edition of visual studio (I'm using Vista).

Is it important which type of project I choose? I'm using a Win32 console app right now.

Eric

Eric Lew

Post by Eric Lew » Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

So I switched to Visual C++ 2005 and was able to build the example files, but now I'm running into this error when I run the .exe:

The procedure entry point ?getMobilizedBodyIndex... could not be located in the dynamic link library SimTKsimbody.dll

Would it be possible to meet with one of you today to quickly set this up? I think it should be straight forward, I just don't know what I'm doing.

I'm free anytime from now until class.
Thanks

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Eric,

I'll be helping a couple other people set their environment with OpenSim between 1:00-3:00. Feel free to drop by (we'll be in the kitchen area).

-Ayman