zeros in coordinates.mot from C3D Extract Toolkit

Provide a simple and time efficient way to extract raw gait data from a C3D file
Saiyi Li

zeros in coordinates.mot from C3D Extract Toolkit

Post by Saiyi Li » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:10 am

Hi All,

My problem is that when I convert a C3D file to mot file, the coordinates.mot file can be created. However, when I look the content in it, I found that only a part of ground_force have values, while other columns, such as pelvis_tx, are all 0. Therefore, the model did not move with this mot file. But if I preview the trc file, it works fine. I can see four markers moving. Can any one give some advices?

The following is how I use C3D files:

In the first time, I got an error in line 308 in getKinects.m

frm = C3Dkey.event.Aframes0(C3Dkey.sequence.eventIndex(i,1)) - smoothAll.startPriorViconFrames*C3Dkey.r : ...
C3Dkey.event.Aframes0(end);

because there is no C3Dkey.sequence.eventIndex.

I skip this problem by setting smoothAll.on = 1;

After that all the process can be done and I can see the plots in Matlab without any error. However, when I mount the coordinates.mot file to a model in opensim, the skeleton does not work. I found the problem stated above when I check the coordinates.mot file.

I generated the coordinates.mot files for the examples, but got the same problem, which let to the result that the model did not work. I checked the mot files given by model Gait2354 (subject01_walk1_ik.mot), there are values for all the columns. I assume this is the reason that the model did not work with the mot file generated by C3D Extract Toolkit.

Thank you

Ben