RNABuilder in Linux

Easily model the structure and dynamics of macromolecules
Vitor Pinheiro

RNABuilder in Linux

Post by Vitor Pinheiro » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 am

Hi,

I'm setting up RNABuilder to run on a CentOS machine but I'm getting a couple of error messages. I'd appreciate any help.

I've set up all the files but RNABuilder is looking for a shared library (libSimTKlapack.so) not present in the distribution. I have tried renaming the shared libraries that are in the distribution but RNABuilder insists it cannot see it.

Question becomes, would adding the RNABuilder directory to path solve that? Or do I have to delve into the source code? Also, are the shared libraries given with the distribution CPU dependent? (Pentium 4, Opteron and generic? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?)

Many thanks,
Vitor

Samuel Flores

RE: RNABuilder in Linux

Post by Samuel Flores » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

Hi Vitor,

Sorry, I just now saw this. I don't understand how your distribution could lack libSimTKlapack.so . I have just updated it a few minutes ago and it's in there for sure. More likely you just need to set your library path as follows (in bash):

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Installer

.. or wherever you put your Installer directory.

If you're sure you don't have libSimTKlapack.so I'll email it to you, just give me your address. Mine is samuelfloresc@gmail.com

Also, you might re-download your RNABuilder distribution and the tutorial, I've just updated it with some Linux-specific instructions and better example input files.

Sam