Segment Acceleration

A set of OpenSim utilities/plugins written by Tim Dorn to extend the functionality of OpenSim
Allison Kinney

Segment Acceleration

Post by Allison Kinney » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing the Induced Acceleration analysis.

I am interested in calculating the induced acceleration of the various body segments in a model. Is this possible to add to the analysis?

Thank you,

Allison Hall

Tim Dorn

Re: Segment Acceleration

Post by Tim Dorn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:40 am

Hi Allison,

I suppose in theory that if you know the induced acceleration of a joint and the location of the center-of-mass of the segment with respect to the joint, then you could find the induced acceleration of the segment. However, this is not currently implemented. In the next version (which I will release soon), there is the capability to calculate the induced segment power, based on Fregly (1996): A state-space analysis of mechanical energy generation, absorption, and transfer during pedaling), so maybe that could suffice.

Cheers,
Tim

Allison Kinney

Post by Allison Kinney » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update. I would really appreciate the option to perform a segment power analysis (which is why I want to calculate the segment acceleration).

Do you have a time frame for the next release?

Thank you,

Allison

Tim Dorn

Post by Tim Dorn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

The segment power analysis is now available with the IndAccPI plugin. Note that you must use this plugin with version 2.4 (VC10) build of OpenSim.

Tim

Mickaelly Bezerra

Post by Mickaelly Bezerra » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi,Tim Dorn
Is the "Segment power analysis" option available in version 3.2?