Segmentation

Overall purposes of the project are:

1) To provide free access to a three-dimensional finite element representation of the knee joint

2) Open development of a knee model for collaborative testing and use
Filippos Nikolopoulos

Segmentation

Post by Filippos Nikolopoulos » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 am

Hi! Thank you for having OpenKnee available for public use.
I have been trying to derive the IGES files for the geometry of the knee. I have read the user's guide and a program called VolSuite was mentioned, which I cannot find. I can see that the final IGES files came from the Rhinoceros tool but I cannot understand what was the outcome from VolSuite. Also, was any structure imported into the Salome tool to be used as a guide in order to create the Splines?

Ahmet Erdemir

Re: Segmentation

Post by Ahmet Erdemir » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 am

Dear Filippos,

The IGES files are located in the repository at https://simtk.org/svn/openknee/_gen1/dat/geo/. VolSuite was a free and open source program that we used at the time for segmentation. As I recall, the curves on the tissue boundaries (that come from segmentation) were used to generate tissue geometric models by lofting. We did not develop nor maintain Volsuite, therefore I cannot help you where you can find it. Nonetheless, you can use ITK SNAP or 3D Slicer for the same purpose, i.e. segmentation of tissue. You can also generate triangulated surfaces of tissue boundaries there. Afterwards you can load it your software of choice to pick points and create splines, or convert to NURBS patches.

Best,

Ahmet