Unreasonable IK results

Provides tools for using different aspects of Opensim within the Matlab environment, including command line pipelines as well as accessing the Opensim API directly.
shuyang han

Unreasonable IK results

Post by shuyang han » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am using OpenSim to calculation joint angles during gait. I define a markerset, scaled the model and do the IK calculation(see attachments). However, when I plot the results, I found unreasonable hip flexion (~25degrees) at neutral standing position where obviously it should be about 0. I changed the weights of different markers, and the results just changed to 12.5 degrees, so the results largely depends on the specified value, is there a standard on how to define the weights, otherwise how can I believe the results. I attached the files so that you could kindly help me check what is going wrong. Thank you!

One more thing to mention is that when defining the markerset, I added some markers, since I didn't find any reference on the coordinates of these markers, I input an estimated value, will this largely influence the results?

Happy weekend!
Attachments
walking.zip
model file
(179.54 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

shuyang han

Re: Unreasonable IK results

Post by shuyang han » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:02 am

I just came into mind two possible reasons, one is the unit, the marker trajectory collected in Motion Analysis is in Unit mm, while OpenSim uses Unit m. The other one is misplacing of markers on the subject during motion capture. Might the above two cause the unreasonable results? Thank you.