[READ ME] Trouble-shooting

Provide an easy and fast way to convert VICON motion capture data into OpenSim inputs
Sangjun Lee

[READ ME] Trouble-shooting

Post by Sangjun Lee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Dear all,

I'm getting tons of inquires on problems occurred while using the toolbox, and 99% of the them are related to the csv file formatting. The toolbox works only for csv files that are exported properly from Vicon Nexus, so please read the manual and follow the instruction carefully. Note that there are options to configure the output csv files, and all those options have to be set correctly.

If it is not possible (e.g. when you are using programs other than appropriate versions of Vicon Nexus), please look into the example data files and make sure that your csv files are in the same format. You can check whether the resultant trc and grf.mot files are good using "preview experimental data" and "sync motions" in OpenSim. If you still have problems, please send me an email preferably including a sample data file.

Also, since here is the forum for Lee-Son's Toobox, if you have questions on OpenSim itself, it will be better to ask at OpenSim forum (https://simtk.org/home/opensim). There are a lot of advanced users and developers of OpenSim.

Best

Sangjun Lee