Toolbox not responding while it opens csv file

Provide an easy and fast way to convert VICON motion capture data into OpenSim inputs
Marika B

Toolbox not responding while it opens csv file

Post by Marika B » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

I tried using the Lee-son toolbox (both versions I found) to convert a csv file. The file from the vicon system wasn't saved by me so I wouldn't know if the system was set up correctly or not.
When I clicked Convert data and selected the file, the toolbox stopped responding. I tried this multiple times with the same result. I also tried the toolbox with an example csv file and that worked perfectly.
So it must be a problem with my csv file, but when opened in excel there doesn't seem anything wrong that I can notice. Is there any particular order in which the data should be for the toolbox? What could have gone wrong?
Last edited by Marika B on Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sangjun Lee

Re: Toolbox not responding while it opens csv file

Post by Sangjun Lee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 am

Hi, Marika. I'm sorry for late reply. :(

Did you export the *.csv file in the same way that explained in the user's manual?
If you make the *.csv file manually, there can be some mismatches between the header and the data.

If you send me your *.csv via E-mail, I will check your file. :)
(E-mail address: skylsj at snu dot ac dot kr)

Thanks,
Sangjun Lee

Margaret Van Horn

Post by Margaret Van Horn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

Was this issue solved? I am having the same issue with both the current version and the beta version. I checked the csv file and it doesnt look like there is any obvious header mismatching. Thank you for the help!

Margaret

Sangjun Lee

Post by Sangjun Lee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Margaret,

If the toolbox result in such error, it is likely that the format of the csv file is different. In Marika's case, there were additional empty lines between every two lines in her csv file. If you send me your csv via E-mail, I will check your file. (E-mail address: skylsj@snu.ac.kr)

Best Regards,
Sangjun Lee

Bruce de Jongh

Post by Bruce de Jongh » Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem with the csv. file. It works when I first get the file, but as soon as I switch a few columns and resave the csv it does not work anymore. I have compared it to your example file and it looks very similar. Do you know why this could be?

Thanks in advance.

Sangjun Lee

Post by Sangjun Lee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Bruce,

If you get the proper result when you use the first csv, then you are doing right. We guarantee that our toolbox works fine only with csv files that are directly generated by VICON NEXUS properly. If you edit the csv, the file format can change because of the editing program that you use (MS Excel etc), so please re-open the file using Notepad and find the difference between the two. You must find some difference, such as additional lines, additional commas, additional taps, etc.

Regards,
Sangjun Lee