ForceBalance force field reader crashed

Automatic force field optimization. Given a force field and a set of reference data (e.g. energies and forces from QM calculations, experimental measurements), we tune the force field parameters such that it accurately reproduces the reference data.
Omar Demerdash

ForceBalance force field reader crashed

Post by Omar Demerdash » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:48 pm

Dear madam or sir:
I am using ForceBalance with a GROMACS-formatted force field file (.itp). It is crashing upon reading in the atomtype fields and is crashing on each line. I am not sure what is going on, since the format of the fields is the same as a file I had used before. (Furthermore, I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the file is parsed based on simple whitespace.) Here is the error for one of the lines:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/o0d1/.conda/envs/DevVersion_forcebalance_python2_7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/forcebalance- 1.5.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/forcebalance/forcefield.py", line 541, in addff_txt
self.Readers[ffname].feed(line)
File "/home/o0d1/.conda/envs/DevVersion_forcebalance_python2_7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/forcebalance-1.5.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/forcebalance/gmxio.py", line 430, in feed
self.itype = fdict[self.sec][self.nbtype]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not NoneType

The force field reader crashed when trying to read the following line:
ALG1 13 26.981540 0.000 A 0.356359487256 2.71960

The entire file is too big for an attachment, so I have attached a representative portion of the .itp that is giving problems (the atom types).
UPDATE: I tried to modify the file, thinking that the force field reader is expecting a certain number of characters in each field. So, I reduced the number of decimal places for the floating point fields, but this did not help. Here is the same error message once again:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/o0d1/.conda/envs/DevVersion_forcebalance_python2_7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/forcebalance-1.5.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/forcebalance/forcefield.py", line 541, in addff_txt
self.Readers[ffname].feed(line)
File "/home/o0d1/.conda/envs/DevVersion_forcebalance_python2_7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/forcebalance-1.5.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/forcebalance/gmxio.py", line 430, in feed
self.itype = fdict[self.sec][self.nbtype]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not NoneType

The force field reader crashed when trying to read the following line:
ALG1 13 26.98 0.0000 A 0.35636 2.71960
I have attached a representative portion of this modified file named ffnonbonded_ond_noifdef_mod_short.itp.txt.
Thank you in advance,
Omar Demerdash
Attachments
ffnonbonded_ond_noifdef_mod_short.itp.txt
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ffnonbonded_ond_short.itp.txt
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 6 times