OpenSim plugin to extract the muscle lines of action Public Forum

The aim of this project is to provide OpenSim users with a useful tool to link their musculoskeletal models and simulations to their finite element models.
dieter heinrich

Re: OpenSim plugin to extract the muscle lines of action Public Forum

Post by dieter heinrich » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:38 am

Hello,

I got the same error.

Best regards,
Dieter

ceby ms

Post by ceby ms » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:07 am

i got an error while loading the plug in. Isn't it compatible with the newest version?

Can you please comment on the following?

glut_med1_r_X1_on_ground glut_med1_r_Y1_on_ground glut_med1_r_Z1_on_ground glut_med1_r_X2_on_ground glut_med1_r_Y2_on_ground glut_med1_r_Z2_on_ground

what does X1, X2 denote?

Luca Modenese

Post by Luca Modenese » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:40 am

Hello,

could you please tell me exactly which version of the plugin and OpenSim you are using and in which platform?

Does the plugin not load or throws a runtime error?

If I remember correctly _X1, _X2 etc denote the two attachments (proximal and distal) of the muscle.

Cheers,

Luca

Nathan Knodel

Post by Nathan Knodel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:31 am

Hello,

I used the 4.X plugin on both OpenSim 4.0 and 4.1 and tried it on both Windows and Mac. In all cases I got the "Error trying to load library MuscleForceDirection. Library not loaded." message when trying to load the plugin.

Nathan

Luca Modenese

Post by Luca Modenese » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:24 pm

and you placed the dll file in a folder called "plugins" in the OpenSim installation directory, right?
I am just asking the obvious because it's hard to identify the issue...have you checked if there is any OpenSim error printout in its installation directory?

Nathan Knodel

Post by Nathan Knodel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:06 pm

Yes, I placed the dll file in a folder labeled "plugins" within the OpenSim directory. This is how I was able to attempt to load the plugin within OpenSim. However, upon selecting the plugin, I receive the error I previously mentioned. I do not see any error messages within the installation directory.

Nathan

Luca Modenese

Post by Luca Modenese » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:08 am

Ok, we will look into it in the next days

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:31 am

Hi,

I was investigating the issue. I encountered a strange behavior with the loading mechanism of OpenSim v4.1, which was not causing this behavior in v3.3. If you load the plugin and click to load it each time automatically, it does not load the plugin the next time you open the GUI. Also, in my message window, I did not see the message that the plugin was loaded. Fortunately, if you click on the plugin, it loads it for the current session.

Apart from that, I managed to run the example from the original plugin created on 2020-12-14. To test a couple of things, could you please try the three versions below? Please let us know if any of those works or not for you.

Old: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fahnx4beilmrs ... 1.zip?dl=0
Old new compilation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/umv5z33oxdfkw ... d.rar?dl=0
New: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wx9n8bmubdiw ... w.rar?dl=0
(Luca, I will remove these files once we finish with this)

Extract the contents into the C:\OpenSim 4.1\plugins folder. Then, start the GUI. You should see the name of the .dll under the Tools -> User plugins. Once you click on the plugin, you can test it through the analyze tool (use files provided in the zip) without restarting the GUI. The GUI is restarted to refresh the list of plugins under the User plugins section.

Hope this helps!

Dimitar

Luca Modenese

Post by Luca Modenese » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am

Thank you Dimitar, this is of great help!

Nathan Knodel

Post by Nathan Knodel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello,

I tried all 3 versions and got the same error in each case, "Error trying to load MuscleForceDirection. Library not loaded." This error comes up immediately after selecting "MuscleForceDirection.dll" from the "User Plugins" option under "Tools" in OpenSim.

Nathan