Ligament insertions/origins

Provides an easy-to-use application for visualising imaging data, segmenting images, creating volumetric meshes, and exporting OpenSim and FE models.
samira vakili

Ligament insertions/origins

Post by samira vakili » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any data in MAP database regarding ligament insertion/origin to be used in SSM or attachment prediction?

Thanks,
Sami

Bryce Killen

Re: Ligament insertions/origins

Post by Bryce Killen » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 am

Hi Sami,

Thank you for your question.

Currently there is no standalone implementation of ligament origin-insertions in the MAP-Client. I have performed preliminary testing where a a template for the knee ligaments has been morphed to a MAP-Client morphed bone.

Which bones-joints are you interested in specifically ?

Thank you
Bryce

samira vakili

Post by samira vakili » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi Bryce,

Thanks for your reply. I'm interested in the knee joint ligament insertion/origins. Part of my project is prediction of ligament attachment sites on the CT reconstructed bone. I was going to use SSM models (maybe through Matlab processing), however, when I start working with MAP client, I thought we might be able to predict subject-specific insertion/origins on this software as well.

Thanks,
Sami

Bryce Killen

Post by Bryce Killen » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:58 am

Hi Sami,

The implementation was based on an old implementation of the COMAK workflow which is now OpenSim JAM https://github.com/clnsmith/opensim-jam

I have not updated the workflow/code to account for these changes, but this can be done. If you would like to take this further, you should be able to send me an email through the SimTK Page , if you give me a little bit more information on your project, we can work to implement this for your usage.

Thanks
Bryce