OpenSim Standards

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
nilay Shah

OpenSim Standards

Post by nilay Shah » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:27 pm

I am using OpenSim software for completing senior design project and would like to know the standards (e.g. ISO, ASME, etc.) used for developing OpenSim. I would also like to know minimum standards that needs to be met for publishing OpenSim Models.

I would be happy to further clarify my question if I am not clear in explaining my question.

Thank you.

jimmy d

Re: OpenSim Standards

Post by jimmy d » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:56 am

Hi Nilay,

There is no set of formalized standards such that would be defined by ISO or the ASME. As a software and research tool the community of users is constantly working to improve the fidelity of OpenSim models and simulation. However the onus is on the user to set acceptable standards. OpenSim research is typically published in a peer-reviewed process which can be viewed as a form of minimum standards.

The OpenSim confluence page has a 'best practices' section which is a sourced from many of our users. It also contains the suite of checks that are made on the software physics. The page can be found here; http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... +Practices

Hope that helps,
-james

nilay Shah

Re: OpenSim Standards

Post by nilay Shah » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you James for your response. This is very helpful