Analyze tool failing every time

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Anthony Ligouri

Analyze tool failing every time

Post by Anthony Ligouri » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 am

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run the Analyze tool with an actuation analysis so I can look at actuator (joint) power, but the tool continually fails. I am looking at experimentally recorded data. Within the GUI I specify an inverse kinematics .mot file for my inputs. I do not have controls. Under the actuators and external loads tool, I specify the cooresponding .xml file pointing to the ground reaction forces for that trial. For the analyses, I just choose the Actuation analysis.

When I hit run, I get an error saying, "Tool execution failed. Check Messages window for details", but in the messages window, all it says is, "Found 131 state vectors with time stamps ranging from 0.8 to 2.1.

I'm not sure what is wrong. Do I have to specify what states to use somehow? Can someone please walk me through how to do the analysis I need.

Thanks everyone,

Anthony

jimmy d

Re: Analyze tool failing every time

Post by jimmy d » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Anthony,

Sounds as if the tool is failing because it is looking for the states of the muscles.
If you are interested in joint power you can just run Inverse dynamics.

-james