EMG Excitation Problem

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Kamil Antos

EMG Excitation Problem

Post by Kamil Antos » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 am

Hi All
I am new user of Open Sim, I follow Guide and done tutorials but still I can't find a bug in my simulation.
I work on project connected with middle finger. My purpose is to get tendon force (Fmt) base on EMG excitation. I found in documentation that tendon force is function of activation, length and velocity of muscle changing in time.
I prepared .mot file with changes of coordinate base on data from experiment, and .sto file with emg excitation (represents muscle activation). I prepared Tracking_Tasks.xlm for CMC tool as well.

I used wrist model (from http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... tal+Models). Firstly I changed joints which I don't need from custom to weld and removed unneeded muscles. Then I created new joint (MCP3) for middle finger, changed mass centre, added mass and moment of inertia for middle finger.

In GUI I prepared two setup files (First without emg excitation, and second with emg excitation as Controls input). Firstly I run Analyze Tool base only on motion file. After Analysis, I use *StatesReporter_states.sto file as states input and add emg excitation as Controls and run Analyze Tool once again.
In the end I get exactly the same two plots, looks like there any influance of emg excitation. Morover I can't run CMC Tool to compare excitation because OpenSim crush every time when I try run CMC with my input files.
I enclose all data which I mention above, could you check them? Maybe I missed something immediately obvious.
Thank you in advance
Kamil
Attachments
midFinger.zip
(51.58 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Krishnakumar Sankar

Re: EMG Excitation Problem

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm

kamilantos wrote:I prepared .mot file with changes of coordinate base on data from experiment, and .sto file with emg excitation (represents muscle activation). I prepared Tracking_Tasks.xlm for CMC tool as well.
Could you please elaborate on how did you prepared the .mot file for the emg data you had