Static Opt-Upper Limb Model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Alessia Franceschi

Static Opt-Upper Limb Model

Post by Alessia Franceschi » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi,
I'm working with the MoBL_ARMS_Upper_Limb_Model_OpenSim and I want to analyse the prono-supination motion. I'd like to know which muscles activate this motion so I want to use the Static Optimization tool.

I've understood that an external_force file is required, but I've no external forces. So I create a file.mot with a force of magnitude 0 N applied to the origin of the gound frame, but the tool doesn't work!
I can't understand why!
Does anyone know where is the problem?

Thanl you.

dayo adekoya

Re: Static Opt-Upper Limb Model

Post by dayo adekoya » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi Alessia
I am trying to use the same model (MoBL ARM upper dynamic model) i could not even get a motion out of it. please if you did make a motion out of it kindly guide me through. It seems to be the only model with the full arm muscles in it.

Thanks. Hoping you reply soon

Alessia Franceschi

Re: Static Opt-Upper Limb Model

Post by Alessia Franceschi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:12 am

I realized a file.mot writing the time histories of all the generalized coordinates during motion, and to understand how to create it I saw the example of the model of gait. That model has a file.mot already given in the downloading package.

Are you able to run the static optimization with this model? OpenSim crashes everytime!

Thank you.