RRA- ERROR- Overconstrained system

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yann Amouyal

RRA- ERROR- Overconstrained system

Post by Yann Amouyal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:36 am

Hello,

I am using OpenSim to study squatting movement. I perform the scaling, the IK and I am trying to perform the RRA then I would like to found the Joint reaction.

I have the following problem when I performed RRA tool: "ERROR- Overconstrained system- need at least as many forces as there are degrees of freedom" .

I have already seen messages posted on this forum and It not solve my problems. Indeed I tried to unprescribed/unlocked coordinates.
I am studying the squatting movement so I let just the useful coordinate and I know only the GRF.
Pr.Ayman said in a previous message "Make sure you have at least as many forces as degrees of freedom as the message suggested." How to do that?

Thank you for your help.

Yann

Margaret Van Horn

Re: RRA- ERROR- Overconstrained system

Post by Margaret Van Horn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi there,

This may or may not be your problem, but I get this error message when the degrees of freedom (DOFs) in my model do not line up with the DOFs in my RRA Actuators or RRA Tasks file. Every DOF in your model that is not constrained must be in both of these files.

Hope this helps!

Yann Amouyal

Post by Yann Amouyal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Thank You! it's help.

It's working, now :)
Best,
Yann

ajinkya patil

Post by ajinkya patil » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 am

How to check that and how to change that if any variation is there?
I am also having a same issue