Editing a model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Alejandro Medina

Editing a model

Post by Alejandro Medina » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:40 am

errorHumerus.PNG
Hi,

I'm trying to edit the code from the arm26 OpenSim model. What I'm trying to do is to replace the humerus for one created by us. The problem presented is that the system recognizes the bone but it doesn´t display the new humerus, I've already tried to show it (right clic>display>show), review the code searching for the old bone and replace the name. I know that it is recognizing the new humerus because the system hasn't crashed yet, it shows the body name at the navigator panel and at the view panel it shows something at the joints of elbow and shoulder where the new humerus is placed.
I also scaled the new humerus for fiting the place left for it
I'll attach some pictures and may be you can tell me what is happening or may be who else can help me.

Thanks
errorHumerus.PNG

Ayman Habib

Re: Editing a model

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Alejandro,

Where did you place your new geometry file and what is its extension?

File formats (.vtp, .obj and .stl) are supported, and the files need to be located under either of:
- Same folder as model
- Geometry folder under folder containing model
- Geometry folder under installation directory (e.g. C:/OpenSim3.2/Geometry).
- You can modify the search paths using the GUI/Edit->Preferences/GometryPath
If the file is in the right place and has the right format but doesn't display it's possible that there's a problem with the contents of the file. I believe .vtp files has to have ASCII encoding, you can check that by opening the file in Paraview a third party free application and saving it in the correct format.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Alejandro Medina

Post by Alejandro Medina » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 am

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your help, but I still have problems displaying the new bone. I did what you told me: save the .stl file in the same folder as model, saving the .stl file as .vtp with ASCII encodinig and it isn't displayed yet. I also changed the .stl extension to .vtp as I started using the other file.

It's still showing the same shapes at the shoulder and elbow joints when I go through the navigator panel: body>file name (humeroLilianaEscalado)>right cilc>display>show.

I hope you can help me, any advice will help me.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:09 am

Hi Alejandro,

Can you post the problem vtp file so we can troubleshoot? Apparently you can see other vtp files on your machine already.

Thanks,
-Ayman

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Alejandro-

are you changing the geometry name in your model to match the new geometry file you created?

-j

Alejandro Medina

Post by Alejandro Medina » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:27 am

Hi,

Yes James, I did changed the geometry nam in the model.

I'm trying to attach the vtp file but for some reason the page crashes and reloads the information.
How else can I show the vtp file in the forum?

Thanks

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Alejandro,

You can open a bug report and attach the file (Help -> Report Bug from the application GUI).

-Ayman

afafa dfadfadfadf

Post by afafa dfadfadfadf » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:37 am

- Geometry folder under installation directory (e.g. C:/OpenSim3.2/Geometry).
You can get score highest marks in cert killer dumps exam using and test 350-080 pdf king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu