Scaling the upper extremity model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mohsen Sharifi

Scaling the upper extremity model

Post by Mohsen Sharifi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Dear all Opensim user,

I am Mohsen, a new user of Opensim software. I am trying to simulate falling on outstretched arm and measure joint reaction force and muscle force by using the Upper Extremity Model (UEM) Added by Cindy Au. I got my motion data through Motion Capture system (Vicon Nexus). I added the marker to UEM model base one their experiment location and then try to scale it from our static trial data. But, after scaling, the segment of model did not move as well as their corresponding markers and also the thorax was disappeared from the screen. I upload two figure that one of them is for before scaling and the other is for after scaling.

For the scaling, I followed the exact same method mentioned in tutorial and also applied to Full Body Running Model (FBRM) and I had not such problem for FBRM.

I would be appreciate if any one could give me some suggestion regard that and how I can fix it.

Thanks,
Mohsen
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
After Scaling
Capture.JPG
Before scaling

jimmy d

Re: Scaling the upper extremity model

Post by jimmy d » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 pm

The trunk is most likely locked or doesn't have any coordinates between the trunk and the ground. The model can't be moved to the location of the markers.

cristina vulpiani

Re: Scaling the upper extremity model

Post by cristina vulpiani » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 am

hello to everyone!!
sorry mohsen, I try to use the same model Upper extremity model but I can't load the model : it's a unreadable!
it's a .msl file ? for you everything is ok?