Building OpenSim 3.3 Win8 MATLAB API

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
ANDREW LAPRE

Building OpenSim 3.3 Win8 MATLAB API

Post by ANDREW LAPRE » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi,

I'm building OpenSim 3.3 from source, and have done so successfully, however I'm having trouble getting it to build java wrapping so I can use the MATLAB API. I have swigwin 3.0.8 installed, and CMake recognizes that no problem, and can build python wrapping with Python 2.7, but can't for the life of me get CMake to point to Java. I've tried Java jdk 1.6 and 1.8, putting the bin directory in the path variable, but still no luck. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be an enormous help! Everything installed is for windows 64.

Thanks in advance,
-Andy

ANDREW LAPRE

Re: Building OpenSim 3.3 Win8 MATLAB API

Post by ANDREW LAPRE » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:46 pm

If anyone else has this problem:

As of now, the source code for version 3.3 available on the simtk download page doesn't provide the code necessary to build java wrapping, which is needed for Matlab scripting.

In their github repository https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim-core, the source code for version 4.0 works perfect and has all the necessary code for java wrapping.

Thanks,
Andy

Christopher Dembia

Re: Building OpenSim 3.3 Win8 MATLAB API

Post by Christopher Dembia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:14 pm

I've updated the wiki page "Building OpenSim from Source" to mention that the source zip cannot be used to build the MATLAB interface.