OpenSimSFunction

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jan Thomas

OpenSimSFunction

Post by Jan Thomas » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 am

Hi all,
I been trying to compile 'compileOpenSimSFunction.m'. My working setup is
Windows 7 (ultimate) 32bit, Matlab 2014a 32bit, Opensim 3.3 32bit and visual studio C++ 2010 (ultimate). I type the the following execution command on my matlab command window.
mex -v -f msvc100freeopts.bat -DWIN32 -I<D:\MATLAB> openSimSFunction.cpp
When I run the script ''compileOpenSimSFunction.m'' from the block folder, I get the following error in the screenshot. Can anyone please post a the procedure for compilation or a readme file with the instructions ?
Also is it necessary to build to build opensim from the source for this. Any help regarding this issue is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

regards,
jan
Attachments
access denied.png

Gautam Ramachandra

Re: OpenSimSFunction

Post by Gautam Ramachandra » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 am

I guess you need to run the Matlab in admin mode

Jan Thomas

Post by Jan Thomas » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:51 am

I have already tried running it in admin mode but I get the same error.

Jeff Reinbolt

Post by Jeff Reinbolt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:33 am

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your post, the additional environment details, and screenshot.

Would you kindly point me to the repository with the "block" directory (e.g., https://simtk.org/svn/opensim-matlab) where you checked out the source code files? This helpful information may lead to identifying the root cause of your error.

The "Access is denied" error definitely appears to be a permission issue with Windows 7. In addition, I do not recall the need to build OpenSim from source to compile any MATLAB MEX files using the OpenSim API.

Best regards,
Jeff