not enough force platforms

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Pouyan Mehryar

not enough force platforms

Post by Pouyan Mehryar » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Hello,

In order for the static optimization and CMC to run successfully I believe we require having at least 3 force platforms so we could implement the external force from the stance phase of the limb on the second platform, What if we only have 1 or 2 force platform? how can we have the proper external load so we could successfully execute SO or CMC?

Is there any algorithm that could predict the external load of your experimental data?

Thank you in advance for your response!

jimmy d

Re: not enough force platforms

Post by jimmy d » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:16 pm

OpenSim doesn't have a way of guessing the ground reaction forces if you haven't collected them.

I think AnyBody has a method for making guesses.

Pouyan Mehryar

Post by Pouyan Mehryar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response!

Can we manipulate the RRA actuators (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My and Mz) so the model does not fail where there is no external force??

Is there any solution for this problem???

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Why would you want to run RRA without any external forces?

Pouyan Mehryar

Post by Pouyan Mehryar » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:51 am

I have kinetic information from 2 force platforms however, I dont have the 3rd force platform so I am missing some force data. Static optimization uses Actuators and External Loads so I thought that by changing the RRA_actuators parameters (FX, FY, FZ, MX, MY, MZ) it maybe possible to compensate for the loss information.

Would it be possible to do this?!

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:41 am

From the RRA documentation:
The purpose of residual reduction is to minimize the effects of modeling and marker data processing errors that aggregate and lead to large nonphysical compensatory forces called residuals. Specifically, residual reduction alters the torso mass center of a subject-specific model and permits the kinematics of the model from Inverse Kinematics to vary in order to be more dynamically consistent with the ground reaction force data.