Decorative Geometry in GUI

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Daniel Krueger

Decorative Geometry in GUI

Post by Daniel Krueger » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:06 am

Hi all,
I recently implemented a custom force model component and implemented the ModelComponent method "generateDecorations()" to visualize my force within the GUI. However the decorations only show up within the OpenSim visualizer. The GUI seems to ignore them.
Is there an alternative way to equip custom ModelComponents with a graphical representation?

Best regards, Daniel

Ayman Habib

Re: Decorative Geometry in GUI

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure what version of the code/GUI/API you're using but as of version 3.3 the GUI was not using the generateDecorations route but rather its own custom code that knew only about specific types that can be visualized.

We're moving away from that and current GUI development uses the generateDecorations pathway indeed. Please let me know if you'd like to try that and we can coordinate (since that branch is still in development and is tied to the 4.0 API).

Best regards,
-Ayman

Daniel Krueger

Re: Decorative Geometry in GUI

Post by Daniel Krueger » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:23 am

Thanks Ayman,
I think I' ll just wait for the 4.0 release. Since I have some students working with my models It wouldn't make sense to let them work with a pre-release. So we stick with 3.2.
At least I know that my implementation is correct.
Regards,
Daniel