RRA help

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jim Darke

RRA help

Post by Jim Darke » Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi,
I am attempting to run RRA for a gait experiment and my model seems to fall downward through space during a full gait cycle. I believe this is due to the dynamic inconsistencies that appear from the subjects weight not being fully supported from initial contact with the first force plate as the other foot is still in contact with the ground where no force plate is present.

In reading Opensim's RRA Best Practices I found this, which I believe may solve my problem.

Make sure "use_fast_optimization_target" is false. This allows the kinematics to be slightly adjusted to account for dynamic inconsistencies. This is the default in the settings files distributed with OpenSim or created from the GUI. See How CMC Works for a comparison of the "slow" and "fast" targets. In the GUI, this option is hidden for RRA and can be viewed by opening the xml settings file.

However, I cannot seem to find which xml settings file this refers too. I looked through all the RRA files and found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated!