Scaling StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ran Sopher

Scaling StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip

Post by Ran Sopher » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

Dear all,

When using the tutorial/webinar at http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/eve ... in-OpenSim, I downloaded the recommended sample package
StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip. I use the kinematic and ground-reaction-force data available in this package (subject01_walk1_grf.mot, subject01_walk1_Kinematics.sto). Would anyone please give me a reference to the subject's height and bodymass (possible age and sex as well) for the purpose of scaling? Are these needed for scaling when using this particular package?

Kindest regards,
Ran
Last edited by Ran Sopher on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ran Sopher

Re: Scaling StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip

Post by Ran Sopher » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Does anyone know the answer to the above question please?

Aaron Godfrey

Post by Aaron Godfrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:41 am

Hi,
Age and sex are irrelevant to scaling, so I wouldn't worry about those. That will matter when you get to inverse kinematics and beyond, but as far as scaling, it won't make a difference.

To get the subject's height go to markers and right click and hit "add new". Do that twice. Double click one of the new markers (they seem to appear near the knees in my experience) to select it, and move it to the bottom of on of the feet, right below the heel. Double click the other marker, and move it to the top of the model's skull. Now, note in the properties window, the "location" property. The second number is the position in the vertical axis (y in OpenSim). Subtract from this the location of the first marker (select it, and look in the property window for the y value for the marker's location). There you have it - your total height!

Ran Sopher

Post by Ran Sopher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:55 am

Thanks a lot.
Yet I need the sex, age and bodymassof the subject for which the model available for download was created and the kinematic data was collected. If anyone can tell, I would be truly thankful

Ran Sopher

Post by Ran Sopher » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:18 pm

PS
Muscle architecture data (optimal fibre length, pennation angle and physiological cross sectional area implemented in the calculation of the max isometric force) particularly for the muscles acting across the ankle, are from Wickiewicz et al. (1983), Friederich et al. (1990), Ward et al. (2009)? And the specific tension implemented in the calculation of the max isometric force is 61 N/cm2?
I was not able to find a definite answer in http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... 354+Models, and I am not sure that the model available in the Scaling StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip package is Gait 2392 (though it seems it is).
I would truly appreciate your answers.

David Summerbell

Post by David Summerbell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am

ransopher wrote:PS
Muscle architecture data (optimal fibre length, pennation angle and physiological cross sectional area implemented in the calculation of the max isometric force) particularly for the muscles acting across the ankle, are from Wickiewicz et al. (1983), Friederich et al. (1990), Ward et al. (2009)? And the specific tension implemented in the calculation of the max isometric force is 61 N/cm2?
I was not able to find a definite answer in http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... 354+Models, and I am not sure that the model available in the Scaling StaticOpt_JointReaction.zip package is Gait 2392 (though it seems it is).
I would truly appreciate your answers.
Thanks for sharing this link. Highly appreciated

Ran Sopher

Post by Ran Sopher » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Does anyone have an answer to the above please?