Rotation Lag

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jonathan Mortensen

Rotation Lag

Post by Jonathan Mortensen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 am

I just installed opensim on a new laptop to use along side my desktop. Everything seems to be working fine, except that there is a delay when I rotate the model by clicking and dragging. When I click and drag, there is about one second of delay until the model starts rotating. Once the model rotates after that one second, it follows the cursor perfectly. There is no delay when translating, or going to the preset views. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?
The laptop has 8GB of ram, and an i5-6300HQ processor.
Thanks

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Rotation Lag

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 am

Is this behavior for any model or some particular model?

You can try and change the default_options (available memory) for the JVM from "C:\OpenSim 3.3\etc\opensim.conf".

Best

Jonathan Mortensen

Post by Jonathan Mortensen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:24 am

What exactly am I supposed to change in the opensim.conf file? I don't see anything about available memory in that file.

It looks like it happens more in models that have more bodies. Any models from the examples that have the torso/head has a significant delay. The leg6Dof9Musc model has less of a delay, and the tug of war model has no apparent delay.

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:29 pm

You can set the variable -J-Xmx

Possible, you may also not use your graphics card, or you haven't installed the drivers.

Jonathan Mortensen

Post by Jonathan Mortensen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:12 pm

The problem was with my graphics card. I simply had to adjust my graphics card setting to use my graphics card for opensim instead of the integrated card.

Thanks for your help.