Large CMC residual forces

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Graham Henderson

Large CMC residual forces

Post by Graham Henderson » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:35 am

Hi,

I'm having some issues reducing my CMC residual forces to acceptable values. This is despite the residual forces in RRA being within the acceptable range.

I'm running the Gait2354 model with our experimentally collected data and the addition of a pelvis exoskeleton attached to the pelvis via a weld joint. I have added actuators directly to the hip joints to represent the actuation of the exoskeleton. However, the large CMC residuals are unaffected whether the actuation is on or off so I don't think that is the problem.

I've tried the standard fixes including reducing the tracking weights and reducing the optimal forces for the residual forces. It should be noted that the controls for the muscles, the residual moments, and reserve forces all look fine.

Another thing to note is that the residual forces are outside of the acceptable range because they have high spikes that seem to appear at foot contact and foot off events in the gait cycle. Our GRFs are filtered at 6Hz.

If anyone has any advice on how to reduce these values that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham