How could I add a movement on existing model ?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Daniel Rossi

How could I add a movement on existing model ?

Post by Daniel Rossi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:07 am

Dear all,

I am a new user and I did the basic tutorial. I have a begining question.
I am doing a challange for my university, I have to reproduce a movement on the upper arm, with focus on elbow and wrist.
I want to determine the influence of ligament injury in upper limb movement.
I use the built model in database "wrist", but I didn't get how to add my motion

Please I need every pieces of advice

Thanks all and best regards,
Daniel

Dimitar Stanev

Re: How could I add a movement on existing model ?

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Daniel,

A typical way to add a motion is through the Inverse Kinematics tool. You define a set of virtual markers on the model and then supply the experimental trajectory of the markers. If you don't have an experimental marker trajectory then generating a motion requires more sophisticated controllers and there is not a direct support for this and you would have to implement them yourself.

http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... %27s+Guide

Daniel Rossi

Post by Daniel Rossi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Dimitar,

thanks for your support. I am new on this SW, and I am using it to simulate the movement about a hand from open positon to fist position. Just this.

Do you know how I could do this ?
In Opensim database I found just wrist model. I can add virtual markers and I have read the guide. in Database is there a file.trc about experimental marker trajectory like that ?

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:57 am

You can search for relative projects in the search bar of the simtk site. I don't recall if there are experimental movements for this particular experiment. What you can do:

1) prescribe your own marker trajectory and solve the IK problem
2) implement a controller that will track some objective and run forward dynamics closing the loop