Determination of joint moments

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Krishnakumar Sankar

Determination of joint moments

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:49 am

Determination of joint moments and muscle moments

1. Modified the wrist model by providing joint movements for all the fingers.

2.Created contact spheres on the joints namely MCP,PIP,DIP for all the fingers.

3. Designed 3 different objects in solid works namely ball,glass and key and imported to the wrist model and placed them in the hand for it to hold.

4.Imported model to opensim and facilitated the grip activities using ID technique

5.The procedure was carried out to determine joint moments

The papers i referred carried out similar approaches for determining joint moments.

Any inputs or feedbacks will be of great help.

Thank you
Last edited by Krishnakumar Sankar on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jimmy d

Re: Determination of pinch and grip strengths

Post by jimmy d » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Sounds good.

If you are having issues with trying to figure out how to do your project, I would follow the literature, speak to a mentor, or apply for one of the OpenSim Workshops.

The forums are useful if you have specific issues with the software or generic models. Your question requires a collaborator or consultant.

Krishnakumar Sankar

Re: Determination of pinch and grip strengths

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Thank you sir...This means a lot
So only I requested a consultant previously.I completed this project.Now I would like to verify the result.Could you please arrange a consultant or any way that u suggested ?.

Thomas Uchida

Re: Determination of joint moments

Post by Thomas Uchida » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 am

Now I would like to verify the result.
These references may be helpful:

Valente, G., Pitto, L., Testi, D., Seth, A., Delp, S.L., Stagni, R., Viceconti, M., Taddei, F. Are subject-specific musculoskeletal models robust to the uncertainties in parameter identification? PLOS ONE 9(11):e112625, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0112625

Myers, C.A., Laz, P.J., Shelburne, K.B., Davidson, B.S. A probabilistic approach to quantify the impact of uncertainty propagation in musculoskeletal simulations. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 43(5):1098–1111, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10439-014-1181-7

Hicks, J.L., Uchida, T.K., Seth, A., Rajagopal, A., Delp, S.L. Is my model good enough? Best practices for verification and validation of musculoskeletal models and simulations of movement. ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 137(2):020905, 2015. http://nmbl.stanford.edu/publications/pdf/Hicks2015.pdf

Krishnakumar Sankar

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:39 am

Thank you sir,
But this is not the relevant paper I need.I need some consultant who has worked on wrist model or similar research area as I stated above.
And there is nor previous research work on wrist model or joint moments to validate.So please try finding any other alternative for me .Those reference paper would be helpful if I am using any patient for research.What I have done is modifying the model and add a motion file to do the job.

Thank you

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:01 pm

The papers that Tom sent you are relevant — but I doubt you bothered even to read them. They will help YOU validate YOUR model. It is YOUR responsibility to validate YOUR model. If that requires doing more research or more experiments, then that is what YOU must do.

Please do not ask others to do YOUR work for you.

Krishnakumar Sankar

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:40 am

Ya sir.I din mean it.It was out of curiosity.

shayan moradkhani

Post by shayan moradkhani » Wed May 10, 2017 5:15 am

"3. Designed 3 different objects in solid works namely ball,glass and key and imported to the wrist model and placed them in the hand for it to hold.

4.Imported model to opensim and facilitated the grip activities using ID technique"

could you please tell how you did the model import from solidworks to opensim?
and for grip activities, is ID the inverse dynamics?
BR
Shayan