Inverse dynamics and Static optimization

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Krishnakumar Sankar

Inverse dynamics and Static optimization

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi
Do the results of SO and ID depend on each other.I calculated joint moments of fingers for a grasp activity.Static Optimization has some Constraint violation.No Question is can I proceed with the ID results.

Thank you

Thomas Uchida

Re: Inverse dynamics and Static optimization

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:57 pm

Static Optimization has some Constraint violation.No Question is can I proceed with the ID results.
See the "Getting Started with Static Optimization" page in the Confluence documentation (http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... timization), Troubleshooting section, item 2.

Krishnakumar Sankar

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Thank you sir.I will have a look.

But will the ID results be reliable at this case.Because if I correct the Constraint violations ,the ID results will remain same right ?

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 am

But will the ID results be reliable at this case.Because if I correct the Constraint violations ,the ID results will remain same right ?
Small adjustments to your ID results should not affect your analysis, assuming these adjustments fall within the inherent uncertainty in your data.