Visualization using OpenSim API

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jack Zhao

Re: Visualization using OpenSim API

Post by Jack Zhao » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 am

tkuchida wrote:Another thought: I don't think the packaged installers include Debug libraries. Have you been building in Debug mode or are these issues present when building in Release mode as well?

Dear Uchida:
Thank you for your reply!
I have use the compile mode RelwithDebInfo and succeeded in IK, ID and static optimization analysis in the same main() function. All of them can produce right sto file results: for example, the following code runs very well with sto result:
" //InverseKinematicsTool IKtool("F:/ResearchRef/Project/phD/Thesis/Experimental data/Lanee/dosi/lanee dorsi IK setting.xml");
//IKtool.setModel(osimModel);
////IKtool.setMarkerDataFileName("D:/Lanee dosi.trc");
//IKtool.setCoordinateFileName("");
//IKtool.setStartTime(70.487); IKtool.setEndTime(71.927);
////IKtool.setOutputMotionFileName("C:/Users/Zilong/Desktop/IK test output.mot");
//IKtool.run();

"

Only the ScaleTool object and visulization through API has such unhandled exception problem.

I use RelwithDebInfo mode, which is instructed by the opensim documents guide for API develpment, hence the problem emerges.
I changed to release mode, the issue is the same. (in Visual Studio Opensim development, only the two options exist)

As you said, the Debug libraries are not included by installer. How could I solve this ? Or where to find the debug libraries and add ?

Thanks & Regards,
Jack

Jack Zhao

Post by Jack Zhao » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:17 pm

tkuchida wrote:Another thought: I don't think the packaged installers include Debug libraries. Have you been building in Debug mode or are these issues present when building in Release mode as well?
Dear Uchida :
Thank you for your help recently!
I have totally solved all the problems. I setup a virtual machine with windows 7 and installed OpenSim 3.3 together with VS2013 express.
All the environment is new, hence all the compilation problems disappear. Now the visualization and the ScaleTool can both be run normally.

Thanks & Regards,
Jack

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Great! Sorry I wasn't able to figure this out. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Jack Zhao

Post by Jack Zhao » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:30 pm

tkuchida wrote:Great! Sorry I wasn't able to figure this out. Thank you for sharing the solution.
Dear Uchida:
Just following what you have mentioned in one post before. Due to I encountered some problem when using OpenSim 3.3 (without visualization window, maybe due to the win7 sdk or registry problem) hence I insisted on OpenSim 3.2 and visual studio 2010, which is proved to have many issues when programming. It makes sense very much that everyone should insist strictly on using OpenSim 3.3 and VS2013.

Thanks & Regards,
Jack