Static Optimization Workflow for Joint Reaction

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Karen Fitzgerald

Static Optimization Workflow for Joint Reaction

Post by Karen Fitzgerald » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:22 am

Hi there,

I had a query about the file "subject01_walk1_Kinematics.sto" used in the webinar for estimating joint loads in OpenSim, http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/eve ... in-OpenSim

I completed the webinar with no issues but as the example overlooks the steps from static optimization back I thought it would be good practice to take the Gait2392_Simbody model and perform the full analysis from the start, hoping to get the same/similar results.

Scaling the model was fine, performing inverse kinematics using "subject01_walk1.trc" was fine.
However, at this point I was not sure whether to perform Static Optimization with filtered IK results, to perform RRA the SO, forwards dynamics and SO, or other workflow variations etc.

I know in the webinar that this file "subject01_walk1_Kinematics.sto" is used for the Joint Reaction Analysis however I would like to know what workflow was performed to get this file? Is it an externally filtered IK.mot file?

I cannot seem to produce the same results using any of the different workflow variations I have tested compared with the results when using "subject01_walk1_Kinematics.sto".

If anyone has any insight on this that would be great.

Thanks,
Karen

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Static Optimization Workflow for Joint Reaction

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:52 am

RRA is optional. You can do SO directly. Differences can be attributed to different configurations of the tools or due to updates of the software.