Locking joints and filtering kinematics

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Julian Atkinson

Locking joints and filtering kinematics

Post by Julian Atkinson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:44 am

Hi there

I am attempting to run through my pipeline with locked joints and I am not succeeding. I have successfully run without the joints locked and I am curious to see how it will affect my results if I lock the mtp and subtalar joints. However, I simply cannot get RRA or CMC to run with the joints locked.

I have set the Tasks to false, and that did not work, I then also removed the control constraints and actuator setting from their respective xml settings files and that also fails. Is there something I am missing?

Also, I noticed that RRA crashed (without the joints locked) if I did not filter the kinematics. I found this strange since I do not filter the kinematics for cmc (the resultant kinematics from RRA), and upon plotting they look very similar - the IK and the RRA results that is. Any comments here would be appreciated.

Regards,
Julian

Thomas Uchida

Re: Locking joints and filtering kinematics

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:16 am

I am attempting to run through my pipeline with locked joints and I am not succeeding. I have successfully run without the joints locked and I am curious to see how it will affect my results if I lock the mtp and subtalar joints. However, I simply cannot get RRA or CMC to run with the joints locked.
You might want to look at Chris Dembia's "Simulated Assistive Devices for Loaded Walking" project (https://simtk.org/projects/assistloadwalk/). CMC was used with a model containing locked joints.