how to match my .trc file with models

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
han jintao

how to match my .trc file with models

Post by han jintao » Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 pm

I am a novice of opensim.Now I have my trc file, BUT in opensim,it is not a same coordinate system with models, so how can i match the file and model, do i need know the initial coordinate value of model?
thanks

han jintao

Re: how to match my .trc file with models

Post by han jintao » Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 pm

this is my problem TAT
Attachments
K0`CDHCMB]CRU]%{Y2JBIWD.png
K0`CDHCMB]CRU]%{Y2JBIWD.png (40.89 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Wayne Johnson

Post by Wayne Johnson » Thu May 03, 2018 6:00 am

I just navigated this very same path :-).Depending on the source of your experimental marker data, there are several tools that can reorient your experimental marker data to match the OpenSim model coordinate system orientation. See here: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... otion+Data

I am using MotionMonitor (MM), and I was able to do the coordinate transformation within MM and then manually edit the MM .exp file to match the required .trc format. Prior to this, I was attempting to use MOtoNMS, but the setup was quite involved; it was much faster to do it in MM and then manually edit the text file in Excel.
Hope this helps.

han jintao

Post by han jintao » Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 pm

gt0830c wrote:I just navigated this very same path :-).Depending on the source of your experimental marker data, there are several tools that can reorient your experimental marker data to match the OpenSim model coordinate system orientation. See here: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... otion+Data

I am using MotionMonitor (MM), and I was able to do the coordinate transformation within MM and then manually edit the MM .exp file to match the required .trc format. Prior to this, I was attempting to use MOtoNMS, but the setup was quite involved; it was much faster to do it in MM and then manually edit the text file in Excel.
Hope this helps.
-_-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayne Johnson,thank you very much! :D
I will use your idea and try again! :D

Isotta Rigoni

Post by Isotta Rigoni » Tue May 29, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Han, sorry if I use your post, but I am not even at this step and I need some help. How did you import the .trc file in OpenSim? I am trying but I can not import the experimental markers (blue) into OpenSim. And also: did you scale the model before this?
Thanks a lot :)
Isotta