Can not display a body

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Valentina Gallego

Can not display a body

Post by Valentina Gallego » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello!
I am adding a bar on the shoulders of my model and seems to be good but when I do the scaling it doesn't display it any more. If i go display->show nothing happens, and if I do show center of mass/axes the will appear in the correct place. Any ideas why I can not see the bar in the scaled model?

Ayman Habib

Re: Can not display a body

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Valentina,

Let me explain what's going on and suggest workarounds/solutions:
1. When you add a bar to the model, the corresponding mesh is located based on the file that the model came from.
2. The scale tool creates a model in memory that has no file/folder associated with it and as such can't locate the mesh, other bones are likely located because they are on the default geometry search path.

If you save your scaled model into the same folder as the model pre scaling, then load the scaled model you'll be able to see the bar again.

Another option, if you're working with this same model over and over, is to include the folder containing your custom mesh at the front of the geometry search path (Edit -> Preferences -> Geometry Path) then the mesh will be located using same mechanism as other meshes in the model during scaling.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman