Troubles using ID

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Florent Moissenet

Troubles using ID

Post by Florent Moissenet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:44 am

Dear All,

I am trying to use the ID tool in OpenSim 1.8.1 using my own experimental data.

I use the tools proposed in the user guide (https://simtk.org/home/opensim-utils) to convert my .anc file to .mot file, using the process_grf.m script. I have no problem to generate my _grf.mot file to start my ID simulation.

But when I want to start the ID simulation (using the .mot generated by IK simulation and _grf.mot generated by process_grf.m), Opensim crashes!

I tried many times, I restarted my computer, I tried with 1.8.0 version, .... same!

Any idea? I really would like to be able to use the ID tool fast in order to start to use the optimization tools!!

Best Regards,
Florent.

Pablo Ortega

RE: Troubles using ID

Post by Pablo Ortega » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:13 am

Hello Florent:

Did you try to load external forces in the ik tool?, that would give you a reference if your .mot file is working. they should be a green vector of the forces in your movement.

Regards
Pablo

Simon Harrison

Post by Simon Harrison » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 pm

If OpenSim crashes completely when you load data then it is most likely that there are spaces between time series data or non numeric (NaN) information. See if you can cut out the regions where there is incomplete data or interpolate to fill the gaps.

Hope this helps
Simon

Florent Moissenet

Post by Florent Moissenet » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks for your help!

I am sure not to have NaN in my files, but I did not tried to load my external forces data in the IK tool.

I will try now to use the ID tool.

Florent.

Florent Moissenet

Post by Florent Moissenet » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks for your help!

I am sure not to have NaN in my files, but I did not tried to load my external forces data in the IK tool.

I will try now to use the ID tool.

Florent.

Florent Moissenet

Post by Florent Moissenet » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:11 am

Thank you, it works well in the ID tool.