Verifying IAA induced constraints

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Pia Stefanek

Verifying IAA induced constraints

Post by Pia Stefanek » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:02 am

Hi,

I try to do a verification of induced constraints (rolling-without-slipping) versus experimental GRF, during Walking. I have a Problem with the verification of the Moments/Torques. I read the post of Adam Yoder (viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=1398&t=8339&p=0&st ... 0920dde618) who had the same Problem.

I am not sure if I understood correctly how he solved the Problem. I set the external Forces from Point force to Body force and applied them to Calcaneus. Then I performed IAA. The constraint reaction Ground Forces (total_ground_force_ground_Fx,total_ground_force_ground_Fy,total_ground_force_ground_Fz) are similar to the Ground reaction forces of the external load file (ground_force_vx,ground_force_vy,ground_force_vz) but the constraint reaction Moments are all Zero (total_ground_force_calcn_r_Mx,total_ground_force_calcn_r_My,total_ground_force_calcn_r_Mz). The Ground reaction Moments of the external loads file are similar to Zero but not exactly (ground_torque_x,ground_torque_y,ground_torque_z).

Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Pia
Attachments
Reaction Moments.JPG
Reaction Moments.JPG (51.55 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Ground Reaction Forces.JPG
Ground Reaction Forces.JPG (55.01 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Tags:

jimmy d

Re: Verifying IAA induced constraints

Post by jimmy d » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:59 am

It is not clear what your issue is. There will be a difference between the experimental Ground Reaction Forces and the constraint forces. This paper describes the rolling constraint and has figures showing differences.

This paper also describes some validation tips;
Contact forces and moments are within 2 SD of experimental data (e.g., ground contact forces and moments) for similar motion.