How can I add a path spring in Opensim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
yali liu

How can I add a path spring in Opensim

Post by yali liu » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:08 am

Nowadays, I have learnt to make some analysis by Opensim. I want to add a path spring in Opensim 4.0 following the guidance of
Simulation-Based Design to Reduce Metabolic Cost. There exists in the Scripts by the name of addPathSpring.py, but I have meet the errors with running the scripts by "java.io.IOException: Failed to connect Socket 'parent_frame' of type PhysicalFrame (details: Component 'walk_subject01_path_spring' could not find '/forceset/BiarticularSpringDamper/bodyset/femur_r' of type PhysicalFrame. Make sure a component exists at this path and that it is of the correct type.
Thrown at component.h:764 in getComponent().).
In Object 'med_gas_r-P1' of type PathPoint.
Thrown at component.cpp:312 in finalizeConnections().". I really cannot understand why there may be the error. Please give some helo if you have experience with Opensim. Thank you very much.

Thomas Uchida

Re: How can I add a path spring in Opensim

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:36 am

I really cannot understand why there may be the error.
The script may not have been updated to be compatible with the final release of OpenSim version 4.0.