"Preview static pose (no marker movement)" doesn't work.

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Wayne Yin

"Preview static pose (no marker movement)" doesn't work.

Post by Wayne Yin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:08 am

According to the user's guide, the preview static pose (no marker movement) will display the inverse kinematic solution in a 3D View without any adjustments made to the original model marker locations. However, after selecting this button, I found that my virtual model markers are adjusted to experimental markers. So I cannot scale my model again.
I have attached my scale setting file below. Could anyone please help me to solve this problem? Thanks!
Attachments
waynescaled.xml
(16.94 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: "Preview static pose (no marker movement)" doesn't work.

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi Wayne,

It is hard to run Scale with your setup file without including the model, markerSet, data files which I understand is hard to do in a forum post. What I tried, however, using gait2393 model included in the distribution is to run the ScaleTool using all provided files once with and once without the preview checkbox checked and I saved both resulting models. The resulting two models were different only in Marker positions as expected so I believe the issue is likely related to your expectation to display/visuals that have changed from earlier versions. After doing scaling, if you're unhappy with the result you can restore the unscaled model as current and rerun scaling again in the application.

Keep in mind that you may also do the Scale Model step without (Adjust Model Markers) altogether, then iterate on the Adjust Model Markers separately.

Hope this helps, and please let us know if the documentation is unclear or sets incorrect expectations,
-Ayman

Wayne Yin

Post by Wayne Yin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks for your kind reply.
It's very useful for me to do scaling. But I think the function to display virtual markers and experimental markers together in earlier versions is helpful for us to modify our virtual marker settings.

John David Johnson

Post by John David Johnson » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

I am also no getting a visual of the experimental and model markers as suggested in the material and the videos.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi John,

Can you please point to the resources that are inconsistent with the current functionality of the application so we can investigate and update the documentation?

Thank you,
-Ayman

John David Johnson

Post by John David Johnson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:10 am

Sorry for the typo in my first reply. I was getting frustrated looking for answers. You all do a great job of providing this software it is just a little complicated at times.

I am scaling a model of the upper body from data collected using a motion analysis system. The experimental markers are placed pretty close to the model markers. I do have one tracking marker that is way off and know this by the max=0.1145 result when I run the preview static pose.

From the Scaling Tutorial video it states that I should see an experimental marker and a virtual marker. For some reason I cannot see the different sets of markers. This again is mentioned in the "OpenSim Webinar: Tips and Tricks for Data Collection, Scaling and Inverse Kinematics in OpenSim," around the 27 minute mark. These videos are referenced in the How touse the Scale Tool part of the documentation. I probably am doing something wrong as I am jumping into the software head first and trying to figure things out in hopes to use this to help us analyze the kinematics of data collected in the field and in the lab.

I'll keep at it,

John David