OpenSim 3.3 JVM startup error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andrew Roberts

Re: OpenSim 3.3 JVM startup error

Post by Andrew Roberts » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 am

Thanks Hoa,

This modification worked on Windows Vista 32-bit when the error was occurring with no applications open.

Cheers

Andy

Jordan Sturdy

Re: OpenSim 3.3 JVM startup error

Post by Jordan Sturdy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:20 am

All,
I've recently come across the same (or similar) problem. Using OpenSim 3.3 on Windows 10 64bit, whenever I tried to open any file within the gui, the software would shut down. This would happen before even selecting a file to open, simply after telling OpenSim I wanted to open a file.

Following some of the suggestions in this thread were helpful. I ended up installing JVM 64bit, and then changed the opensim.conf file as follows:

Code: Select all

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
#jdkhome="jdk"
jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_201"
I had added "\bin" to the path initially, and OpenSim couldn't find Java, but this allowed it to use the default Java on my machine rather than the one in the OpenSim folders, which got rid of the problem.

If I revert to jdkhome = "jdk", OpenSim crashes again, so there is something issue in the jdk folder in the OpenSim installation.

Currently working fine with the mentioned edit.

Thanks,

Jordan