Scapulothoracic joint model not opening

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
dimitri mardama nayagom

Re: Scapulothoracic joint model not opening

Post by dimitri mardama nayagom » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 am

Hello,
First, I want to thank you for providing the readme file in order to explain the procedure for the plugin installation on Mac.
Nonetheless, I still have the following problem while providing the correct path:

"dlerror: dlopen(/Applications/OpenSim 4.0/plugins/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib, 9): Library not loaded: @rpath/libSimTKsimbody.3.7.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/OpenSim 4.0/plugins/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib
Reason: image not found
Failed to load library /Applications/OpenSim 4.0/plugins/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib"

If I understand correctly, the Scapulothoracic plugin is calling another library named "libSimTKsimbody.3.7.dylib".
The problem comes from here, either way it doesn't find the right path to access this library, or the library doesn't even exist in the installation folder.
So I searched in the installation folder, and the only plugins with a similar name that I managed to find is "libSimTKsimbody.3.6.dylib"
What should I do in order to solve this problem? Do someone have any clue?

Tags:

Ajay Seth

Post by Ajay Seth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:58 pm

It could be helpful to see the command(s) you entered in the scripting shell. Some guesses are that you may not be providing the complete path to library and/or you a providing the library's file extension.

dimitri mardama nayagom

Post by dimitri mardama nayagom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 am

In the scripting shell i typed exactly this:
"
modeling.Model.LoadOpenSimLibrary("/Applications/OpenSim 4.0/ScapulothoracicJointPlugins40/MacOSX/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40")
"
This path is exactly what i have when i do "right click + alt" on the file and when i select "Copy <file> as a pathname".

The error message is still the same:
"
dlerror: dlopen(/Applications/OpenSim 4.0/ScapulothoracicJointPlugins40/MacOSX/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib, 9): Library not loaded: @rpath/libSimTKsimbody.3.7.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/OpenSim 4.0/ScapulothoracicJointPlugins40/MacOSX/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib
Reason: image not found
Failed to load library /Applications/OpenSim 4.0/ScapulothoracicJointPlugins40/MacOSX/libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib
"

"Opensim 4.0" being the installation folder. So, I am almost certain that I am providing the complete path to the plugin. And, I am certain that I didn't write the extension of the library as you can see above. I spent 2 days on it, searching if I have made a typo or so, it doesn't appear to be this.

As I said in my previous message, the software finds the library "libScapulothoracicJointPlugin40.dylib" and opens it. The problem seems to come from ANOTHER library called "libSimTKsimbody.3.7.dylib". The error message shows that the first library is calling this one, and I don't have this library anywhere on my computer.
So, I just want to know if it is possible for you to investigate this possibility. I am just asking you to search in your own folders if you have this library "libSimTKsimbody.3.7.dylib", because it is not part of the installation files.
Thank you very much for your help and your understanding.

Maud Hendriksen

Post by Maud Hendriksen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 am

Hi dimitri, did you eventually find out how to open the model with Mac? I have the same problem as you had, so I'm very curious what you did.

Thanks in advance.