Coordinates axis

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Daniele Tregnaghi

Coordinates axis

Post by Daniele Tregnaghi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:15 am

Hi all, does anyone know if you can report all marker coordinates respect to the global coordinates axis instead respect the local coordinates axis of particular bone where markers are applied.
Thank you

daniel jaramillo

RE: Coordinates axis

Post by daniel jaramillo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 am

Hey Daniele,

If you go to Point Kinematics under the analyze tool you can include each coordinate of interest. Run the analysis and the results will be given in a global reference frame.

Daniel

Daniele Tregnaghi

Post by Daniele Tregnaghi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:51 am

Thank you Daniel; I'll try.
Daniele

Daniele Tregnaghi

Post by Daniele Tregnaghi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 am

HI, I'll ask you if when I load marker data for measurement for scale model, coordinates must be previously transformed respect coordintes axis of the model. And do I do this trasformation myself or is there a tool for this purpose. Thank you
Daniele

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 am

Hi Daniele,

We assume that marker data (.trc) files are in the same frame as the model (all coordinates with respect to ground obviously). If the data needs to be transformed by applying rotations then you can use the "Transform" popup-menu in version 1.9.1. Any other transformation you'll need to do outside of OpenSim.

Hope that helps,
-Ayman