CMC Results - Force velocity multipliers

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rodrigo Mateus

CMC Results - Force velocity multipliers

Post by Rodrigo Mateus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:54 am

Hi there!

I am studying a sudden anterior/posterior deceleration and came across an issue in the results of CMC, where unexpected spikes occur, as it can be seen in the image below.
Vasti.png
Vasti.png (108.53 KiB) Viewed 154 times
After investigating this issue, I was able to pinpoint the source of these spikes. My guess is it is an issue in the estimation of the force velocity multipliers. I went and analyzed the source code to check why this could happen, with no success.
fv.png
fv.png (112.86 KiB) Viewed 154 times
How can I solve this issue?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: CMC Results - Force velocity multipliers

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am

You can perform MuscleAnalysis (AnalyzeTool) to examine whether there is any steep change in the muscle length or velocity quantities. Maybe there is some issue with how the muscle wraps on the bone.

Rodrigo Mateus

Re: CMC Results - Force velocity multipliers

Post by Rodrigo Mateus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am

Thank you for the advice! After performing the analysis, I noticed the same steep changes not only in the velocity quantities, but also in the muscle moment arms. In the images below, it can be seen how the muscle wraps on the bone at the instants when the changes occur. It seems that your guess might be right, but how can it be corrected?
snap1.png
snap1.png (529.9 KiB) Viewed 131 times
snap2.png
snap2.png (582.62 KiB) Viewed 131 times
snap3.png
snap3.png (536.71 KiB) Viewed 131 times
snap4.png
snap4.png (535.48 KiB) Viewed 131 times