Error Opening models (even demos)

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Daniele Tregnaghi

RE: Error Opening models (even demos)

Post by Daniele Tregnaghi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:59 am

Hi,I have the same problem; when I displayed muscles I saw only red balls and when I displayed markers I saw grey balls. I try to change the preferences like you tell (from dot to comma .005 --> ,005) and save the settings and close opensim but now appears an unexpected exception. Then I reinstalled the software but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Daniele

glenn den Boer

Post by glenn den Boer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:24 am

I have the problem with java as well. I've reinstalled opensim 1.9.1 for the fifth time now, and still the problem with Java occurs. It says the same things as in the first post om Mark de Niet and i've tried all those things that followed in the posts but with no succes. Can someone please help me?

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Glenn,

Reinistalling Java or OpenSim again would rarely help. Can you please send the stack-trace?

OpenSim comes with its own Java Runtime so there's absolutely no need to (re)install Java separately. Are you using international (non English) locale? If so, can you try running in US-English locale? If not then your problem is different from others on this thread. So, please let us know..

Good luck,
-Ayman

glenn den Boer

Post by glenn den Boer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:52 am

Hey Ayman,

Sorry for my late reply. I didnt have internet for the past week. But could u explain me how i must send the stack trace ( what is it?). And yes, i am using a non english computer, do u mean i should go to configuration screen and put my pc in english? Yea sorry, dont know that much about pc's.
I'll try that.
Will let you know.

Thanks

Michel Ducos

Post by Michel Ducos » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 am

Hello,
I had the same....
Ayman, thanks for your help.
I live in Germany, and what really helped was the answer from ANDREA MORELLI.
Changing the international settings on my computer in ENGLICH (UK) solved my problem with JAVA and with my big red ball and/or no muscles on my models located inside a big red ball.
SO thanks a lot everyone and good luck the the most unfortunate of us...
Michel Ducos

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi all,

Another solution that came up is to run the OpenSim application only in English mode. When you look under the /etc directory of the OpenSim installation, there is a file called "opensim.conf".
Inside is a line that starts with "default_options=". If you add the following at the end (inside the quotations "")
-J-Duser.language=en

OpenSim will start up with the English locale no matter what your system locale is and everything
works fine without the need to change the system at all. Thanks to Michael Schwanda for the find/testing it out.

-Ayman