Persistent Models in Viewer

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Joseph Marsh

Persistent Models in Viewer

Post by Joseph Marsh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:01 am

I'm running into a bug/ issue where the model persists in the visualizer and won't disappear, even after closing the model. Please see the attached screenshot for reference.

The model moves around and responds as normal, but every time it refreshes, the previous state is left on the screen.

What do I do to get rid of this? Is it a setting I accidentally clicked on somewhere?

This is not an issue in V4, only in V3.3.

Thanks,

Joe
Attachments
error_v3.png
error_v3.png (389.78 KiB) Viewed 324 times

Tags:

Joseph Marsh

Re: Persistent Models in Viewer

Post by Joseph Marsh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 am

I've also noticed this issue exists when using Mokka, so I suspect this is a problem with my computer graphics.

Any help is appreciated.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 am

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for reporting.

OpenSim 3.3 was built using relatively old visualization technology that uses software rendering, and so this issue is likely related to the graphics card/driver as you suspect. We had a setting to control Antialiasing frames AntiAliasingFrames (under Edit->Preferences) that you may try changing, you may also try to turn off hardware acceleration of your graphics card. Unfortunately these are all machine specific issues that are hard for us to reproduce/troubleshoot on our side so we appreciate your reporting the issue and the resolution if/when we find one.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Joseph Marsh

Post by Joseph Marsh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:57 am

Hi Ayman,

Neither of those things seemed to fix the problem.

Since it was a recent issue, I suspected it might have been an update that did it. I went back a version on my GPU software which cleaned it up. It was the drivers for the most recent version of the Intel HD 620 integrated graphics. (Released June 24, 2019)

Thanks for the help!

Joe