Link between External Loads and external forces

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mélissandre Asfazadourian

Link between External Loads and external forces

Post by Mélissandre Asfazadourian » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:39 am

Hi there!

I am studying a cycle of gait on an opensim model that I created and I would like to create the external load file from the API in order to run the Inverse Dynamics Tool. I have a .mot file with ground forces, I get how to create an external force but I do not understand how I make a link between two external forces(right foot and left foot) and one external load, do we have functions to do that ? Can we code something like externalLoad.append(externalForce)?

I am confused because I have seen in other topics that people seem to already have an xml file with all the setup for external loads but what if I whant to generate this setup file from python?

I tried to not use ExternalLoads() by creating my two external forces and then adding them to the model with addForce() but I have an error: ExternalForce: No Data source has been set (even if I did with set_data_source_name())...

Well, thanks in advance for any answer!

Melissandre

Tags: